We’ve compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help provide our community with the information you need. Just click on any of the titles below to view a list of questions and answers pertaining to each department. If you have a question and cannot find the answer here, please feel free to contact any of the departments below. You can find our contact information at the bottom of each section as well as on the  Resident Services page of this website


Ross is a non home-rule Township governed by an elected three-member Board of Trustees. The township can only enact resolutions which are not in conflict with general State law.

Ross Township’s major source of income is from property taxes. Townships are not permitted to impose income, earnings, or sales taxes.  Ross Township also receives funds from the gasoline tax, license plate taxes, court fines, etc.

The first and third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.  All meetings are held at the Ross Township Government Center (Tragesser Building) at 4055 Hamilton Cleves Road. Check the website calendar for changes.

Please call 9-1-1 for any type of police, fire or medical emergency. For police, fire or medical non-emergencies call (513) 863-2337 to speak to an available employee or to leave a message.

Contact Division of Wildlife Xenia Ohio- District 5 Headquarters – (937) 372-5639 x5217

The Township has a nuisance violation program that addresses these and other issues pertaining to the exterior of a structure. To report these problems you can contact any of the Trustees or call the Township Administrator at (513) 863-2337 ext. 111.

Yes, via contract Rumpke, Inc. provides garbage collection services in Ross Township.  They can be reached at (513) 851-0122.


Fire Department

Ross Township Fire Department is unable to respond to questions regarding specific EMS billing cases. Please contact Ross Township’s billing company for EMS, Medicount Management , at 513-772-4465.

Category: Fire Department

EMS services are only billed if the patient is transported to a hospital. If you are transported and are a resident, your insurance provider will be billed, any remaining fees will be covered by the Township as part of the taxes you pay form Fire/EMS service. You will still receive three statements for reference purposes only. If you are transported and not a resident, you will be required to pay any remaining fees that are not covered by your insurance provider.

Category: Fire Department

Currently, the Ross Township Fire Department is unable to install car safety seats. Several fire departments in the area offer this program. Car Seat Fitting Locations.

Category: Fire Department

Very few open burn fires meet the requirements of the EPA. Open burning is permitted as a recreational fire (cooking, warmth, looks, etc.). These fires are permitted as long as the fire remains no larger than 2 ft. x 3 ft. high and CLEAN, SEASONED FIREWOOD is being used. You are NOT permitted to use this fire to burn yard waste or garbage. If the Ross Township Fire Department receives a complaint on any type of open burn, you will be required to extinguish the fire. For further information please contact the fire department at 513-863-3410.

Category: Fire Department

Submit an Application for Employment and include a copy of all related Fire/EMS certifications. An applicant must have a minimum of Firefighter Level I and Basic EMT certification to be considered for part-time employment. Career employment applications will only be available during specific job posting periods for those positions. Minimum certification level for career employees is Firefighter Level II and Paramedic. For additional information, contact the  Ross Township Fire Department at (513) 863-3410.

Category: Fire Department

Police Department

Call our office at 513-863-2337 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm to request a report be emailed or faxed to you, or you can stop in the police department during the normal business hours listed above.

Category: Police

If you are involved in an auto accident in Ross Township and one of our officers responds, you can obtain a copy of the accident report at CRASHDOCS.ORG. Your police department has partnered with CARFAX to bring you 24/7 accident reports. The reports are free of charge to our residents. To obtain a copy of a report, log on to CRASHDOCS.ORG. You will need the driver or involved party’s name and the date of the accident. The report number is optional. Reports will be available 5-7 days after accident.

Category: Police

Yes. On July 14, 2014, the Ross Township Board of Trustees passed Township Resolution Number 2014-045 adopting a curfew for minors within the Township. The curfew hours are as follows:

· 10:00pm until 6:00am on any Sunday through Thursday;

· 11:30pm until 6:00am on any Friday or Saturday; and

· 6:30am until 4:00pm, Monday through Friday from August 15 through June 15 while school is in session at any public or private school or alternative program in which the minor is enrolled or was last enrolled if suspended or expelled at the time in question.

Category: Police

If the traffic issue requires immediate police attention, please contact Butler County Dispatch at 513-785-1300. If your concern involves speeding in the neighborhood, repeated stop sign violations, sight distance and obstructions, or other common concerns, contact the police department at 513-863-2337.

Category: Police

Yes. On June 17, 2010, the Ross Township Board of Trustees passed Township Resolution Number 2010-055 adopting transient vendor regulations within the township. Transient sales or solicitation is prohibited within the township to anyone who has not registered with and been approved by the township to do so.

Category: Police

Yes. On February 2, 2012 the Ross Township Board of Trustees passed Township Resolution Number 2012-009 which details what is and is not permitted to be parked on

township streets.

Category: Police

On February 2, 2012 the Ross Township Board of Trustees passed Township Resolution Number 2012-051 which details the process for dealing with excessively loud and/or long noises in Ross Township.

Category: Police

If we have not provided good service we want to hear from you. You can call the police department during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm) and ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor may be able to handle your complaint right then and there. If you are not satisfied you may come to the police station and fill out a complaint form. The complaint forms are available on our web site also. The complaint forms can be mailed to our department or you may drop it off in person at the police department. Once the complaint form is received we will contact you and investigate the complaint. Anonymous complaints will be reviewed and acted upon if sufficient information is present for us to conduct a proper investigation.

Category: Police

Darryl J. Haussler, Chief

4055 Hamilton Cleves Rd., Fairfield, Ohio 45014

(513) 863-2337 Office • (513) 863-6378 Fax

Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm M-F

For general information, send email to: dhaussler@rosstwp.org

Category: Police

Road Department

While that property is dedicated for public use as right-of-way, the homeowner is responsible for the sidewalk and grass area in between the sidewalk and the street.

Category: Road Department

The township does not maintain any Federal, State and County roads, private drives or undedicated streets. Undedicated streets are the responsibility of the subdivision’s developer

In Township right-of-way only call us at (513) 863-2337 ext. 180, on County Roads call (513) 867-5744, on Federal & State Roads call the Ohio Department of Transportation: (800) 831-2142.

Category: Road Department

Butler County Engineer: (513) 867-5744.

All signs in the Township are placed in accordance with Ohio Law. You may request a sign by sending a letter to the Ross Township Board of Trustees. The request will be researched for legal conformity and will be placed, if approved.

Category: Road Department

Township Roads – Ross Township Public Works: (513) 863-2337

County Roads – Butler County Engineer: (513) 867-5744

Federal & State Roads: Ohio Department of Transportation: (800) 831-2142

  • Level 1: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be icy. Motorists are urged to drive very cautiously.
  • Level 2: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be very icy. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roads. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work. Motorists should use extreme caution.
  • Level 3: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel or a personal emergency exists. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest.For more information visit the OCSWA Snow Emergency Classifications web page at www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/SnowEmergencyClassifications.aspx.
  • DanteChief says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

    I have checked your site and i’ve found some duplicate content,
    that’s why you don’t rank high in google’s search results, but there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique content, search
    for; boorfe’s tips unlimited content

  • SlowEzra says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

    I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra bucks every month with
    very good adsense alternative for blogs like yours.
    For more info search in google: blackhatworren’s strategies

  • JaySmall says:

    I have checked your site and i’ve found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google, but
    there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique
    content, search for: Boorfe’s tips unlimited content

    • Robert Bass says:

      Thank you JaySmall. We are currently working with the web designer to complete the site. They are aware of this issue and it should be corrected shortly.

  • Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


    Residential projects that require Zoning Certificates include: new homes; home additions (including decks and porches whose floor level will be raised off the ground); and accessory structures such as sheds, garages, above and in ground pools, decks, and fences. Replacement of an existing accessory structure also requires a Zoning Certificate.

    Commercial projects that require Zoning Certificates include: new offices, commercial and industrial buildings; additions to such buildings; accessory structures; and signs.

    Category: Road

    Ross Township has adopted nuisance regulations which require a limited amount of property maintenance. These regulations prohibit:

    • Accumulations of debris. Debris includes garbage, trash, junk and other discarded materials
    • Inoperative motor vehicles: Vehicles which are wrecked, disassembled and/or unable to operate under their own power and have been in such condition for a period of thirty (30) or more days
    • Excessive vegetation: Grass and/or weeds in excess of 12” in height on a property of one acre or less

    • Dangerous structure: Any structure deemed to be dilapidated, unsafe and/or unsecured by the Butler County Buildings Department, the Township Fire Department and/or the Butler County General Health District

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Township residents are encouraged to report violations to the Township. Only by leaving your name, address, and phone number will you be advised of the status of your complaint. Recognizing the sensitive nature of some violations anonymous complaints are accepted. Complaints are accepted in writing, by phone, fax, or email, or in person.

    Category: Road

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *